Autumn is & always has been my favourite time of year. I love the weather getting colder, the cosy foods & even the darker nights. I live for jumpers, scarves & definitely any foods which involves autumnal flavours. Apple & Cinnamon is definitely my favourite, but, as I’m currently trying to watch my weight (too many pizzas over the summer) I wanted to create a healthy(ish) recipe of an apple pie/crumble/cobbler hybrid.
After looking at some different recipes on Pinterest, I eventually merged a couple of my favourites, to create something that tastes amazing, has all healthy ingredients & won’t make you feel too bad when you eat it! This will make enough for 4 or 2 large portions.
· 2 large Apples (Scrumptious or gala are naturally sweeter than green apples)
· 3 heaped tablespoons of rolled oats
· Teaspoon of cornstarch
· 2 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
· Tablespoon of honey
· 1 tablespoon of melted butter
· Flat tablespoon of wholewheat flour
· Sprinkle of cinnamon for the oats
· Teaspoon of Apple pie seasoning or (1/3 tspn of cinnamon/1/3 tspn of Nutmeg/1/3 tspn of all spice)
· Slice the apples into cubes.
· Then mix in the Cornstarch, Apple pie seasoning / spices in with the apples.
· Mix the melted butter, sprinkle of cinnamon & maple syrup into the rolled oats. This should make the oats into a sticky consistency.
· Put the oats onto the apple mix & flatten/press flat with the back of a spoon. Then drizzle the honey over the top and spread it over the crumb.
· Once its ready, pop it in the oven at 180 degrees for 40 mins. (your kitchen will also smell amazing while it cooks!)
· This tastes amazing both warm & cold, so enjoy however you want!